Search This Blog

Friday, August 20, 2010

Inviting

I think it's the breezes I miss most; the
feeling of cool air evaporating
sweat and water from my skin.
The grass and trees come in second;
their whispers when the wind twines
its fingers through them,
the lush blanket of green
that invites me in.
The cactus here invite me as well,
spreading open arms out to me and the sky.
The thought is appreciated, but
I have to decline.






Pobrecito cactus! No hugs for you.
The wind here is like that gust that comes out of the oven when you open it & get too close too fast, the rush of dry hot air that dries out your eyes.

Also, I can interact with my blog now. :D

1 comment:

alia said...

yay for blog interaction. i've been reading but haven't bothered commenting because i wasn't sure if you'd ever read it haha.
also i got your letter yesterday! looking forward to writing you back.