Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Shoes


Sometimes, silence is a fool.
How is it possible
to not know a friend? When
you fill in their blanks in your head.
The comfortable rest without words,
a blank page to color
a hero where a friend should be.
Over time, he simply grew
too large to fit in his own shoes.
I look down to where they lay
between us, and they are more like coffins
every day. So here I put down
to rest the hero in my mind-
soon I hope to meet an old friend
again, and fill in his empty lines.







This came out of some strange thought about that saying where the metaphorical shoes are too big, followed by my mind connecting metaphorically too-large shoes to coffins. Just roll with it, okay?
Also, don't put anyone on a pedestal. I think that's basically the moral of this story.