Search This Blog

Monday, March 1, 2010

Slow

whoosh swish thud whump
ba-dump ba-dump ba-dump beeeeeeeeep
Wait, what just happened to me?
It’s like I went all day crossing the street
and never once looked to see
if there were any cars coming. If I had looked
before I made the leap, would I have
stepped back and said, “No”?
Or would I have thrown sense to the wind and
let myself go? It’s hard enough to function
without having to think of things I don‘t know.









AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH.
I just wanted to write something like, "Wait, what? Oh, eff it."

1 comment:

alia said...

i lovelove that you enjoy my nonsense writings. it's the sort of thing that i'm like, "will anyone else get it?" and i'm so glad you do. really, it means a lot to me.

and this poem is like the story of my life. in new york. and not just on the street, but everywhere. i always had to pause and look at things, but usually i just decided to move ahead anyway...