Search This Blog

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Flip Flop Fantastic

Flip flop fantastic
rubber band elastic
emotions
force me through the motions
but what I think
is never what I do
and I never said, "I love you."
so give me one last embrace
arsenic and lace
were never so refined
you could never see inside my mind
and I can't see through yours
opportunities are open doors
that are letting in the heat
so I stare at my feet
and turn away
another chance, another day
but with these
flip flop fantastic
rubber band elastic emotions
I never know when just the motions
just won't be enough
your skin's so smooth
but these choices are tough
and what I think has never been what I do
and I never said, "I love you."
so give me one last embrace
as I memorize your face
and walk away
(maybe another day)
and though it's never done or said
these things will crowd my head
but you see, I have these
flip flop fantastic
rubber band elastic emotions
and though I force myself through the motions
you should know
before I go
that what I think is never what I've gone to do
and I've never said, "I love you."


It sounds better when you say it out loud, like one big paragraph. I love the way it moves around my mouth~<3 Anyway, I wrote this a while ago, after reading this, a poem that Kylie Wilson (fellow MVA-er) wrote.
She draws, she writes, she sings- she does everything!

No comments: