Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sunlight

"Another English assignment," she whined,
eyes squinting into the sun's harsh light.
"Maybe I'll go blind," she sighed,
"so I won't have to write."
I opened my mouth to agree,
but then she interrupted me,
"Hopefully,"
(here she smiled,)
"I won't so I can."
I was struck dumb by her contradiction,
and in the manner of my tradition
remained silent,
letting my thoughts run on autopilot.
In the end, she didn't go blind,
and she did have to write.
That night,
I dreamt of sunlight.



I don't care what anyone thinks, the ending fits and I'm sticking to it. Just a little roundabout is all... I know I'm going to reuse the subject sunlight more than once, so I figure I should just give a quick warning to anyone who actually bothers to read this. Don't look at me like that, sunlight is one of the easiest things for me to write about now that I've decided to forego emo-esque poems. So nyah.

No comments: