Search This Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Insomnia

Sometimes, when I can't sleep at night, I lay on my back and think of when you slept beside me, your breath stirring the rapid heartbeat inside me. I remember those few golden summer days, flying by in a reckless haze of teenage joy and pheremones. Now I'm sleeping all alone, since I never worked up the courage to say what we both know; I thought it would happen on its own. Of course, I was wrong. And because it's been so long, I just sigh and turn back on my side, wishing that I could always live in that night. And as I slowly slip into sleep, I start to dream that you dreamt of me.
"Goodnight."


Now I've gone and done it, haven't I? Angsty teenage love, when will it end? ... When I'm not a teenager. Then it'll just be angsty love.

No comments: