Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

Ex

the rigid smiled forced, photographed, sorry to
have taken it as I scroll through
the pictures later. almost visible the effort,
orange signs warning of construction, the paint
just barely dried, your pride so close
to disrepair. I force myself not to care, fighting
the urge to straighten your shirt,
tangling my fingers in new hands and seeking support
from a new tower; though neither
tower nor support you ever were
to me, and I still don’t know
what I was to you. no anger,
no regret, no bitter hastily proclaimed
wishes that I could forget you
forever (you are still too dear, I acknowledge, for that);
only pity, on both our parts, for
something that I will never fully understand.









I can't help but laugh a little bit inside.
I think I handled the meeting pretty well, actually.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wish those orange caution signs would have been more obvious from the start... then again, I wouldn't be the person I am today without those experiences. So in the end, I suppose there can be no regrets...

alia said...

raises eyebrow, giggles.
yeah.