Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Inappropriate

the friend’s roomate’s grandfather, now dead-
my brows meet, horrified-
can’t help the hysterical giggle, trying to
force it down (down stay down!) but no use-
no idea what he makes of it, I
offer condolences and cookies and
hope that it is enough to cover
a multitude of sins.









It has come to my attention recently, that I have begun to laugh/ giggle at the most inappropriate times. I guess it's a reflex for uncomfortable situations- I laugh when I'm scared, when I don't know what to say, when I think something awful...
I have terrible reflex-actions, don't I?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SERIOUSLY!!! This only happens to me at the worse times possible.

Sorcha G. Dubhsioc said...

It's always in church or in class. When I stayed at a friends house a few weeks ago during family worship I could not stop laughing. No idea why...