Search This Blog

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Condensed

I have this nagging suspicion that my summer can be
condensed into three things, narrowed down into simplicities
to avoid the knots and aching thought of more
work. One, the fan in my bedroom window, which keeps
air flowing because we don’t have air conditioning and the days
are boiling but freezes my feet at night because the universe
has a sense of humor, and the cold creeps in with the dark. Two,
my collection of movie tickets and receipts from various places to eat.
I sometimes venture outside, to laugh and ride the highways
like a river and go with the flow, often being washed ashore
at the movie theatres or a restaurant. Every ticket and receipt
is a memory of sunshine and deep thoughts and fun times.
Three, the plane ticket I have yet to buy, from where I am
to Arizona (which is where I’m going to be for a while),
which in itself is a symbol of so many things I
would rather not think about, while I still can.







This is supposed to flow like a spoken word, but if I just leave it without line breaks then it takes up the whole page and looks funny. So.

1 comment:

alia said...

this is so true about life, how we sort of tend/have to break things down... and it's interesting because it's like past, present, future. as if no matter what we do, something will always be there to symbolize time? but yeah, i like this. and i still can't get over the fact that you're going to arizona. i will definitely write you letters and send you things lol.