Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Carpe

I wish I could contain all
the things that will change in
a clear mason jar, like
found coins or fireflies.
Jars can only hold
so much, though,
and all I could think was:
Every time I get close,
someone has
to go.
It’s not so painful
as it was before, but
I still feel it every time
I close a door for the last time
(or sometimes, for a really long time).
Mourning will not help me, I know, so
I try my best to just enjoy the chance
of small happinesses
before I have to walk away.
The most I can make of some situations
is just to seize the day.






"Carpe Diem," because sometimes I have to make a conscious decision to be optimistic, and sometimes it's really hard, but in the end it's worth it.

I'm pretty sure that I made up the word "happinesses," which is weird because to me it's a pretty straight-forward and common sense kind of word- multiple happy things. Duh.

No comments: