Search This Blog

Monday, July 6, 2009

P.S.

I wrote you a letter full of words, about the things that are happening to me and answers to your questions. What I didn't say was that yesterday I dreamed of you and woke up hoping that it wasn't not true. I also didn't say that when I next see you in two weeks, I'll probably forget all about how much I want to hate your guts. I'll most likely forget that you're lazy and have a strangely shaped head, and perhaps I'll want to kiss you instead.






I know, I know! But it's such an addicting style of writing for me. I just need to learn how to divide it into lines and breaks and stanzas. I hate breaking things apart, though...

2 comments:

Sorcha G. Dubhsioc said...

I like it! It's very... Genevieve. I like the bit about the weird shaped head. It made me smile!

alia said...

ah letters! you've reminded me that i need to write a few to a few someones.

i like poetry but i hate breaking up my thoughts and phrases, even if that's how they were structured in my mind. i don't know, i guess i just like the fluidity [hopefully that's a word] of prose. if it were a conversation...
Poetry: here, this is what i want you to understand.
Prose: i'm going to write some things down, and somewhere in there you'll get the understanding. i don't like to be picky or leave anything out. and i'm not a fan of syntax.
Poetry: but i'm shorter, faster, and more popular.

i don't know if that is accurate, but that's what it seems like in my head lol.