Search This Blog

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sleep

several shades of sunset sang me sweet to sleep,
and I smiled to see the colors spread to the treetops and their leaves.
It was a lovely little lullaby, in the way that some things grow,
and I was slightly at a loss for words when I knew it had to go.
But the night sky wrapped me in its shining light, and the dark began to rock me;
the moon pulled up my blankets, and the stars kissed goodnight so softly.
I closed my eyes and thought of all the dreams I've dreamt
and down the road to sleep I went.






Things like this always start with just a few words of alliteration that puddle and pool and eventually pour out of my mind. They never seem fully formed, though, and this poem-ette is no different in that respect. I never know how to complete it!

1 comment:

alia said...

it seems pretty complete to me! =)